Planning Maestro Settings enable you to determine basic functions of your Planning Maestro account. There are three main settings:
- Centage Access – Enable Centage Support or other Centage employees to access your account to make edits or fixes as needed.
- Enable MFA – Turn on Multi-Factor Authentication, a security feature that requires all users to authenticate their identity in two ways before logging in.
- CIF Notifications – Ensure that multiple users receive the email notification when a CIF File upload encounters an error.
Locating Planning Maestro Settings
Step 1: In your Planning Maestro account, select Settings and Configuration from the drop-down menu.
The Configuration page opens. You can use this page to:
- Enable Centage employees to temporarily access your account
- Turn on Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for all employees
- Configure CIF Notification emails for multiple users
Allow Centage Access
For accountability purposes, Centage employees need your explicit permission to access your account.
If you require a Centage employee’s help in making edits or changes to your account, use the following steps to give them temporary access:
Step 1: On the Configuration page, under Centage Access, click on the Allow Access toggle switch to turn it to the ON position. Click Save & Exit.
Please Note: This Allow Access toggle switch enables Centage employees to log into your account. It is automatically ON through implementation and turned OFF at the end of implementation. It should only be turned back on if you have a Support issue and need a Centage employee to make essential changes.
After the Centage employee confirms that they are finished make changes to your account, disable access permission.
Step 2: On the Configuration page, under Centage Access, click on the Allow Access toggle switch to turn it to the OFF position. Click Save & Exit.
Authentication: Require MFA
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) makes your account more secure by requiring users to authenticate their identity in two ways before logging.
To set up MFA for all users in your account using the Configurations page, see Administrators – Managing Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
The CIF Notifications option enables Administrators and other users to receive error emails when a CIF File (Centage Integration Format file, which contains data from your account system) upload fails. This email contains useful information, including the nature of the error and the Centage Error ID, which Centage Support can use to troubleshoot.
Step 1: On the Configuration page, click on the Enable CIF notifications toggle switch to turn it to the ON position.
Step 2: New fields appear below:
- To send CIF File upload error emails to all Administrators, click on the Notify administrators toggle switch to turn it to the ON position.
- (Optional) In the Additional email addresses field, enter the email address(es) of any other Planning Maestro users who should receive these notifications.
Please Note: Any non-Administrator who should see CIF File error upload emails should also have Security access to the Modeler.
Step 3: To save your changes to Planning Maestro Settings, click Save & Exit.
- A confirmation message appears.
- Your CIF Notification changes are saved.