Please Note: Use this document to set up SSO in Planning Maestro after adding it as an application to your SSO solution.
Before you begin, have two pieces of information from your SSO provider ready:
- A Metadata URL – Different providers use different names for this URL. It should look something like this: https://app.ssoprovider.com/saml/metadata/6bc5683c-647g-1uvo-hemf-7349j5n32op4
- Recipient URL – For any SSO provider, this URL is:
SSO (Single Sign On) Authentication lets you access your company’s applications and websites with a single set of login credentials. You can now include Planning Maestro in your SSO solution.
When you work with Centage to set up SSO, your company’s Administrator chooses an SSO Admin user in Planning Maestro who can set up SSO for your company.
You can add Planning Maestro to your company’s SSO solution if you use any SAML 2.0 compliant identity providers, including:
- Azure AD
- CA Technologies
- ... (and many more. Ask Centage Support.)
This document shows you, a Planning Maestro SSO Admin, how to set up SSO in Planning Maestro after adding Planning Maestro to your SSO account for one of the providers above.
Setting up SSO in Planning Maestro
Please Note: Log into your SSO Admin account (not your normal Planning Maestro account). This account is specially designed to let you set up SSO.
After Centage enables SSO for your company, a Login In with SSO button appears on the right side of your login page. However, you must log in using your sso_admin username and SSO password on the left first.
Step 1: Log into your SSO Admin account (not your normal Planning Maestro account).
Step 2: Click on the Administration icon ( ) and select Configure SSO.
Step 3: On the SSO Configuration page, click on the Enable SSO toggle switch to turn it to the ON position.
Step 4: A popup appears. Click Yes, Enable SSO.
Step 5: Two more fields appear below. Enter the following information:
- Metadata URL – In this field, enter the URL given by your provider. Different providers use different names for this URL. It should look something like this: https://app.ssoprovider.com/saml/metadata/6bc5683c-647g-1uvo-hemf-7349j5n32op4
- Recipient URL – Enter https://domainname.planningmaestro.com/saml/SSO. (Replace “domainname” with your Planning Maestro account’s domain name).
Example: The domain name in the screenshot is paradventureinc.
Please Note: The Recipient URL is CASE SENSETIVE ensure that the SSO at the end of the URL is capitalized
Step 6: Click Save.
After you enable SSO:
- Planning Maestro users in your company can now use SSO to log into Planning Maestro.
- Old Planning Maestro usernames and passwords no longer work.
Please Note: The sso_admin username and password is the exception. Those credentials will still work.
- All Planning Maestro users receive an email that explains they can use SSO to access Planning Maestro.
Planning Maestro users receive an email like this:
Now, to log in with your normal Planning Maestro account, click Log In with SSO on the right and enter your SSO email address (usually your normal work email). Do not use the Username and Password fields on the left side of the page.
You may need to disable SSO in Planning Maestro at some point (for example, if your company switches SSO providers). Use the following steps to remove Planning Maestro from your company’s SSO solution and return to the previous method of logging in.
Step 1: Repeat steps 1-3 to reopen your SSO Admin account and the SSO Configuration page. Click on the Enable SSO toggle switch to turn it to the OFF position.
Step 2: A warning popup appears. Click Yes, Disable SSO.
Step 3: Click Save & Exit.
- A confirmation message appears.
- All other Planning Maestro users receive an email explaining that SSO is disabled and they need to reset their password.