Table of Contents
In Planning Maestro, you can upload data from your company’s GL Source (an accounting system such as QuickBooks or Excel spreadsheets) into the Data Modeler. In the Data Modeler, you can set up that data before deploying it for planning and analysis.
Occasionally, you may upload data from your GL Source by mistake or want to remove it for some other reason. You can use the Data Maintenance page in the Data Modeler to clear certain Versions of data (such as last year's Actuals) while still keeping the rest of your data intact.
This document shows you, a Planning Maestro user, how to use the Data Maintenance page to clear source data from the Data Modeler.
- Use the Data Maintenance page to clear Versions of data you uploaded from your GL Source.
- Use the Clear Data tool to clear both source data and data from Planning Maestro associated with specific Versions, GL Accounts, and other Dimension Members.
Locating the Data Maintenance Page
To access your Data Maintenance page, open the Data Modeler module, confirm the Connected Profile, and select the Source Data icon ( ) on the left navigation bar.
The Source Data page opens., select the Data Maintenance tab.
The Data Maintenance page opens. Use this page to clear Versions of data from your Source.
Clearing Source Data
Step 1: On the Source Data page, in the Data Maintenance tab, select one of the radio buttons under Clear Data to select the data to clear:
- Summary Data (the summary of transactions for each GL Account), or
- Transaction Data (the full list of transactions for each GL Account).
Step 2: Under [Summary or Transaction] Data, click on the dropdown menu and select a Version of data to clear. You can select All Versions or just one Version.
Step 3: Click on the dropdown menu and select a GL Source of data to clear. You can select All Sources or just one GL Source.
Step 4: Under Select Date Range to Clear, select one of the radio buttons:
- Clear All Data – Select this radio button to clear all data from the Version(s) and GL Source(s) you selected.
- Clear Data only in a Specific Date Range – Select this radio button to clear data only from a specific date range.
If you select the radio button for Clear Data only in a Specific Date Range, new fields appear below. Enter the Start Period, Start Year, End Period, and End Year for this date range in these fields.
Please Note: Do not enter a start date earlier than the earliest date in the Version, or an end date later than the end date of the Version. If you do, Planning Maestro resets these dates to the start and end dates of the Version(s) you selected.
Step 5: Click Clear Data.
Step 6: A popup message appears. Click Confirm.
Please Note: If this data affects any Plans or Cubes, this popup message tells you up to three affected Plans or Cubes.
- A confirmation message appears and shows how many records you cleared.
- After you re-deploy a Plan or Cube, the cleared data is no longer available.
Example: When you clear all data for one Version, Planning Maestro automatically removes that Version as an option on the Deployments page.